Research Report

Clinical Value of Preoperative MRCP of Cholelithiasis  

Ang Li1 , Jun Liu1 , Hua Yao1 , Yongming Chen1 , Zhiyong Li1 , Jiayu Zhang2 , Gang Wu1
1 Department of Surgery, First Hospital of Hohhot, Inner Mongolia, China 2 Department of Surgery, the Second Affiliated of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China
Author    Correspondence author
Cancer Genetics and Epigenetics, 2019, Vol. 7, No. 4   doi: 10.5376/cge.2019.07.0004
Received: 09 May, 2019    Accepted: 22 Jun., 2019    Published: 01 Aug., 2019
© 2019 BioPublisher Publishing Platform
This is an open access article published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Preferred citation for this article:

Li A., Liu J., Yao H., Chen Y.M., Li Z.Y., Zhang J.Y., and Wu G., 2019, Clinical value of preoperative MRCP of cholelithiasis, Cancer Genetics and Epigenetics, 7(4): 19-25 (doi: 10.5376/cge.2019.07.0004)


To evaluate the value of Magnetic Resonance Cholangiopancreatography (MRCP), in the diagnosis of cholelithiasis, we randomly assigned 1000 patients with cholelithiasis from The First Hospital of Hohhot City since 2011. All the 1000 patients who were diagnosis of cholelithiasis in the clinical were given MRCP Preoperative. While 94.7% of the patients were examined with Preoperative Liver and gallbladder color Doppler ultrasound at least once, the remaining 5.3% were examined by CT of midsection. The software SPSS 13.0 was used to evaluate the difference of relevance ratio of cholelithiasis between color Doppler ultrasound and CT, as well as the relevance ratio of the variant Biliary system before operation. Among 1000 cases of cholelithiasis patients, patients with only Calculus of bile duct was 177, 676 cases of patients with only cholecystolithiasis, 185 cases of patients with both. The relevance ratio of cholelithiasis was 92.13% in Calculus of bile duct, and 87.50% among patients of cholecystolithiasis. The trail on the other hand analysis the clinical value of MRCP for the variant Biliary system before operation. MRCP is more suitable for the diagnosis of Calculus of bile duct and the judgement of variant Biliary system before operation, it can obviously reduce the occurrence of iatrogenic injury of biliary system, which made MRCP an important reference examination to the cholecystic preservation surgery.

Cholelithiasis; MRCP; Color doppler ultrasound; CT; Cholecystic preservation surgery; Biliary tract injury
[Full-Text PDF] [Full-Flipping PDF] [Full-Text HTML]
Cancer Genetics and Epigenetics
• Volume 7
View Options
. PDF(263KB)
. Online fPDF
Associated material
. Readers' comments
Other articles by authors
. Ang Li
. Jun Liu
. Hua Yao
. Yongming Chen
. Zhiyong Li
. Jiayu Zhang
. Gang Wu
Related articles
. Cholelithiasis
. Color doppler ultrasound
. CT
. Cholecystic preservation surgery
. Biliary tract injury
. Email to a friend
. Post a comment